From the email I sent out this morning:
Knowing that it's summer and it's August (how did that happen!?), I will again work to be succinct. First, a reminder about making sure you give the City your input on rubbish fees, then a list of upcoming dates/events.
RUBBISH FEE SURVEY
By now, every Pepper Pike household should have received, by regular U.S. mail or by email, a letter from Mayor Akers accompanied by a survey that seeks input regarding rubbish collection. Please, please, please - email back your input, send it back by regular U.S. mail or drop it off at the City Hall. We know residents care about this topic and want to achieve as high a return rate on input as possible. If you have any questions at all, please let me know or contact the Mayor directly. Agenda minutes now posted on the City website for May and June will give you some background on the topic (see here) but again, please let us know if you have any questions and send in your input! THANK YOU.
1. TONIGHT, Pepper Pike Community Band Concert, rain or shine, 7:30pm, Pepper Pike Park or the Fire Station. You can read more here.
2. TONIGHT, Planning & Zoning meeting, 7:30pm, you can read the agenda here or see the attachment.
3. Wednesday, August 10, Road & Safety/Finance & Planning Meeting, 7:30pm, open to the public, at City Hall, no agenda yet available
4. Wednesday, August 17, City Council Meeting, 8:00pm, open to the public, at City Hall, no agenda yet available
5. Sunday, August 21, the Ice Cream Social returns! I will be sure to pass on more details as they become available but I did ask the Mayor at our last City Council meeting if the event would in fact return, and he said yes. In the past, the hours were roughly 1 or 2pm through 4pm, at which time the band held a concert in the Pepper Pike Park. Mayor Akers has okayed asking several residents to serve on the Communications Committee I chair and I am extremely eager to communicate far and wide about the return of the event ASAP! Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to volunteer, donate or otherwise support this event.
6. Thursday, September 15, 7-9:30pm, Brady Middle School, Pepper Pike Civic League's Candidates & Issues Night. Read more here and come equipped with questions for those who want to represent you!
Merger Talk in the News
1. Ohio News Network covered it in print and video. You can read the article here and see the video here.
2. Civic Commons Radio did a 30 minute program on it. You can listen to the audio here.
3. Lorain County towns say merger wasn't for them
4. Bentleyville mayor and others comment on merger
5. Nord Foundation gives $30,000 grant to the Community Foundation of Lorain County in Elyria for study of 911 emergency service consolidation
The Mayor said at the July 20th City Council Meeting that a meeting was being scheduled for this month with the four mayors and the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission, but that was the only update provided.
Phew! If you have other topics you're interested in knowing about, don't hesitate to comment, question or express your concern by email, phone or face to face.
Have a great week and I hope to see you at one or more of the events listed above. In the meantime, please provide your input on the rubbish fee and feel free to spread that request around!
Thank you as always,