[Live-chat] THURSDAY: The Pulse of Pepper Pike, 11:30 AM-12:30 PM

Welcome to the first session of The Pulse of Pepper Pike.* I'm starting this weekly live-chat forum (also sometimes called a live-blog) because I've received emails, calls and met face to face with many residents over the last 18 months, but I'd like to make available regular opportunities for us to exchange ideas and information outside the context of the City Council meetings.  This post will stay at the top of the page through the end time of the chat.

A live-chat allows people to participate at whatever level they're comfortable - including not being able to attend but rather reading it back whenever it's convenient for them. Thursday's session will be an open forum but to give it some structure, should people feel shy, the topic for the session will be going over the idea of a resident or community survey, which is something I've wanted the City to do since early in 2010.

If you have any questions or technical problems with the live-chat, let me know. Many businesses and other entities use Cover It Live now - including the Washington Post and the journalism organization, the Poynter Institute. I've used it for several years now and you can see examples on my other personal blog, Writes Like She Talks. Here's one of my favorites, blogged from the NPR studios on the night of the 2008 presidential election.



*This forum is my own idea and I am solely responsible for its existence, which is to say, no one told me to do it and no one told me I can't do it - no one would tell me that though, I'm sure! ;)

No comments: