Deer Culling Program Cancelled

Previously, the Chagrin Valley Times reported that the Pepper Pike deer culling program would end on March 1.  However, I have now confirmed that the Mayor has decided to cancel the program due to budgetary constraints.  Residents who had contracts related to the program have received refunds and are aware of the program's cancellation.  Last week's Chagrin Valley Times mentions that cancellation of the program was under consideration and the topic of cancellation had also received mention at recent council meetings, although no definitive answer was announced at those times.

Thank you to those residents who participated in the culling program.  Although I was not interested in having one in my yard, I have contributed to a pooled amount for my neighborhood to support those residents who were willing to use the program.  It was my way of recognizing that there are many residents who absolutely believe in the need for the program, or some program to cull the deer, and the fact that I personally cannot imagine having the trap in my yard.

I will be writing more about the budget information mentioned in the CVT article from last Thursday in a future post, but the Mayor's Long Range/Strategic Planning Committee will start meeting shortly and I look forward to receiving its updates. 

No comments: